Friday, November 11, 2005

Festival of Barrel Aged Beer

This weekend it's off to the Festival of Barrel Aged Beer in Chicago. Should prove to be interesting, both John Haggerty, our brewmaster and I have been included as judges. This of course, will be more challenging than it sounds. It gets late out in Chicago without working real hard, and barrel-aged beer, especially bourbon-barrel aged beer will be quite the wake-up call.

We're entering 4 beers, Dragon's Milk, Barrel-aged Hatter, Barrel-aged Ichabod and Barrel-aged Dole. We've had fun experimenting with the process and this years Dragon's Milk should be out of this world.

If this interests you, get your butt over to Goose Island Wrigleyville Saturday at 1 pm. Details at Illinois Beer

If you can't make it - Dragon's Milk should be out around the first week of December, with some sneak peaks at the pub.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and I love it! I live NW of Chicago in McHenry and cannot find your brews here. I grew up in Holland, went to Calvin and then moved west. I still get back to Holland at least quarterly and I bring my two growlers each time. I am a homebrewer and I must say, your beers are amazing! I especially like Mad Hatter

Anyway, when are you going to be in the Chicago area again? There is a tavern here that serves mostly brews like yours and I'd love to see your beers served there. It is called "Duke O'Briens" in Crystal Lake, IL. Their website is: http://www.dukeobriens.com/ I know they'd try your beers if you contacted them.

Cheers

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barrel aged beers are some of the best. We don't get many of them where I work (McKean Beverage) so I've been known to special order things just for myself (getting a discount on beer is awesome... heck, it's the only reason I took the job). But seriously, if you like this beer, check out
For the Love of Beer
's Founder's Kentucky Breakfast review.

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home